Steps to RDA
Simple steps to help you through the RDA application process.
Required Certifications for RDA application:
- Radiation Certification (X-ray Certification)
- Coronal Polish Certification
- Valid CPR
- California Practice Act
- 8 HOUR Infection Control
These Certifications have to be from California. Certifications or License from other States will not be accepted and are not valid. CPR can be from any state.
- Download the fingerprinting application and fill out as directed. The link is below.
- Previous fingerprinting from green cards or any other source are not valid. The state wants new fingerprinting on this form only.
- Find a Livescan location near you. The link is below.
- Price will vary, so ask.
- Some are by appointment only and some are walk in, so ask.
- Send in the application between the appropriate filing dates. The link is below:
- Applications sent before or after the filling period will not be accepted by the Dental Board.
- Make sure to make copies of everything you send & send certified!
- The Dental Board will contact you by mail when your application has been accepted. This may take a while. After acceptance you will have 2 test’s to take at different times and locations. The Dental Board will notify you by mail where and when for each.
- WRITTEN-The Dental Board will notify you of your location options for testing. The test will be given on a computer and you will know if you passed or failed immediately.
- PRACTICAL-The Dental Board will notify you of the date, time and location of your practical (hand on) test. You will be notified by mail if you passed or failed.
You will also need to rent a kit for your Practical test with the Dental Board. The link is below:
Call as soon as possible to secure you kit Practical kits rent out quickly!
J and Z Dental Rental:
Once you have been notified by the Dental Board you have passed both written and practical test’s, you will be sent your green RDA card.
25 CEU’s will not be due for the first 2 years.